Information about common parenting questions.
- Advocating for Your Child
Learn to be an advocate for your child in school.
- Communicating effectively with your child
Here are links to help you communicate effectively with your child.
- Co-parenting after separation or divorce
Learn more about the keys to co-parenting successfully.
- Discovering the Champaign-Urbana community
Here are links to answer some of your most common questions!
- Effectively Disciplining your child
Read about discipline strategies that work!
- Gardening with your child
Here are some resources to get you started.
- Handling challenging behaviors in your child
Here are links to help you manage these challenging behaviors.
- Helping your child develop and maintain friendships
Explore the resources provided to help your child develop lasting friendships.
- Helping your child with homework
Learn ways to help your child manage homework and extracurricular activities.
- Helping your child with special needs succeed
Here are resources that are available in the Champaign-Urbana area.
- How to talk to your Child about Drugs and Alcohol
Read ways to start the conversation about drugs and alcohol with your children
- Influencing your child’s self-esteem and self- confidence
Search our resources to help your child have a healthy self-esteem and self-confidence.
- Keeping your child safe on the internet
Learn more about what resources are available to protect your child on the internet.
- Keeping young children and teens safe while out and about
Learn ways to keep your children safe while they are out
- Keeping your family healthy
Here are links to health and wellness resources for the entire family.
- Limiting the amount of television your child watches
Read about how much and what kind of television your child should be watching.
- Protecting your child from being bullied
Learn more about bullying and how to prevent your child from being a target of bullying.
- Shopping on a Budget
How to eat nutritiously on a budget.
- Understanding appropriate child development
Here are some links to child development resources.
- Violence Prevention
Help you and your family learn more about violence prevention.